FloraCraft® Brand Products:
Make It: Fun® Diorama Kit, 6″ x 15″
Acrylic paint: Gray, orange, bright pink, light blue, lime green
Zoo animal foam stickers: Lion, elephant, zebra, tiger, monkey and giraffe
15″ length 1/8″ wide black ribbon
8 1/4″ x 10″ sheet zebra print Duct Tape®
8 1/2″ x 11″ scrapbook paper: Orange, yellow and blue
Tacky glue (Elmer’s® CraftBond®)
-#11 craft knife
-12” metal ruler
-12″ x 12″ self healing cutting mat
Black paint marker (Elmer’s® Painters®)
1” wide (approx.) paint brush
- For outside of Diorama, on newspaper-covered work surface, paint one side and all edges of Diorama sheets orange. Let dry. For inside of Diorama, turn over two end pieces and paint one light blue and one bright pink. Also for inside ceiling and floor, turn over bottom sheet and one of the other two (same-size) panels and paint gray. And, for inside back wall, turn over remaining panel and paint green. Let dry.
- Refer to package instructions to assemble Diorama using tacky glue and toothpicks.
- Ask an adult to use craft knife and metal ruler on cutting mat to cut four 1/2″ x 10″ and two 1″ x 10″ strips duct tape. Peel backing from 1/2″ x 10″ tape and attach to top front edge of Diorama. With second 1/2″ x 10″ strip, trim length as needed to fit and apply to finish top front edge. Repeat using 1” strips to cover lower edge. Use other 10″ lengths to cover both short ends, trimming to fit.
- Refer to photo. For fence panel, place three toothpicks vertically on work surface and horizontally place two more toothpicks crossing them. Use dots of tacky glue to attach, where toothpicks cross, allowing points to extend beyond toothpick edges. Repeat to make a total of fourteen panels. Let dry.
- To make animal stand up, choose leg that will be touching floor and glue one toothpick behind that leg, so that it extends 1/2” below foot. (This will be inserted into floor.) Repeat to make picks of other animals, except monkey.
- Use pencil and metal ruler to measure 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ triangle from yellow paper and cut out. Trace triangle on blue and orange papers and cut out for a total of three triangles.
- With marker, write one letter on each triangle to spell “ZOO”. At center of ribbon, glue middle letter “O”. Then approx. 1/2″ from each side of first triangle, glue “Z and O” on either side. Glue ribbon ends to top corners of Diorama, about 1″ from front. Let dry.
- Arrange animals and fence panels in Diorama by planning placement and pressing toothpicks into floor.