Acrylic Paint: Black
Fabric Paint: White (Fine Tip Applicator)
Adhesive Halloween Scrapbook Embellishments
Ribbon: ½” Coordinating Color
Make it Fun ® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
Low-Temp Glue Gun
Color Pencil: White
- Build the countdown tower. Use the foam cutter or serrated knife to cut a small flat spot off the 6” ball. Cutting a flat spot on the balls before gluing them together gives them a larger point of contact for a more secure bond.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the foam disc and glue the cut side of the ball to the center of the disc. Cut a small flat spot at the top of the 6” ball and insert a toothpick. Cut a small flat spot on the side of the 5” ball and glue to the top of the 6” ball. Cut a small flat spot to the top of the 5” ball and insert a toothpick. Repeat to attach the 4” ball to the top of the 5” ball. Repeat this process to continue building the tower up using the six 3” balls next (numbers 28 – 23).
- Start to turn the tower to create the spiral using the six 2.5” balls as shown (numbers 22 – 17). As the tower starts to turn you will need to position the small flat spots you cut so that the next ball sits slightly leaning to the right of the previous ball. Continue building the tower using the six 2” balls next (numbers 16 – 11). Cut the flat spots on the balls so that they create the slight curve out and down as shown. Start to spiral the tower back up using the six 1.5” balls next as shown (numbers 10-5). Then add the four 1” balls to finish the last downward curve of the tower as shown (numbers 4-1).
- Paint the entire tower and the disc solid black and let dry. Draw the numbers on the balls first using a white color pencil. Outline the numbers and fill in using the fabric paint applicator. Let dry.
- Glue a length of ribbon around the outside edge of the disc.
- Use scrapbook embellishments to decorate the tower each day of the month as it counts down to Halloween.